Chief Master Sergeant Jason D. Andrews is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 352d Special Operations Wing, Royal Air Force Mildenhall, United Kingdom. He is the senior enlisted advisor responsible to the Commander for all matters pertaining to mission execution. He provides direction for the enlisted force and represents the interests, professional development, health, welfare, readiness and mission effectiveness of over 1,200 personnel. Additionally, he provides MC-130J Commando II and CV-22B Osprey as the air arm for special operations forces throughout the European and African theaters while providing combat ready Special Tactics forces, special operations aircrews, and support personnel anyplace, anytime.
CMSgt Andrews grew up in Chelmsford, Massachusetts and enlisted in the Air Force in 1998. Upon completion of BMT, he began the Pararescue training pipeline in October 1998. He has had assignments in AFSOC and Joint Commands. During this period, he has held critical leadership positions at the squadron, wing, and joint special operations task-force.
CMSgt Andrews has had numerous combat deployments in support of Operations ENDURING FREEDOM, IRAQI FREEDOM and INHERENT RESOLVE, including a combat jump into Afghanistan. Prior to assuming his current position, CMSgt Andrews served as Superintendent, 23rd Special Tactics Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2003 USAF Airman Leadership School, Pope AFB, N.C.
2010 Baccalaureate Degree in Criminal Justice, Saint Leo University, Fla.
2010 USAF Noncommissioned Officer Academy, McGhee Tyson Air National Guard Base, Tenn. 2012 Personnel Recovery, Community College of the Air Force
2012 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, Correspondence
2013 Master’s Degree in Strategic Studies, National Defense University, Fort Bragg, N.C.
2015 USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Gunter Annex, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II, Correspondence
2017 Joint Special Operations Forces Senior Enlisted Academy, MacDill AFB, Fla.
2018 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2018 USSOCOM Summit Course, Joint Special Operations University, MacDill AFB, Fla.
2019 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Joint Base Andrews, Washington DC.
2020 Combined/Joint Force Special Operations Command Commanders Course, JSOU
1. October 1998 – August 2000, Pararescue Pipeline Student, 342nd Training Squadron, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2. August 2000 – April 2002, Special Tactics Team Member, 23rd Special Tactics Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
3. April 2002 – March 2007, Special Tactics Team Member, 24th Special Tactics Squadron, Pope AFB,
4. March 2007 – November 2009, NCOIC Selection and Training, 24th Special Tactics Squadron, Pope AFB, N.C.
5. November 2009 – November 2011, Element Leader, 24th Special Tactics Squadron, Pope AFB, N.C.
6. November 2011– June 2013, Section Chief, 24th Special Tactics Squadron, Pope Army Air Field, N.C.
7. June 2013 – June 2016, Flight Chief, 24th Special Tactics Squadron, Pope Army Airfield, N.C.
8. June 2016 – July 2017, Superintendent of Operations, 24th Special Operations Wing, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
9. July 2017 – February 2019, Superintendent, 23rd Special Tactics Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
10. February 2019 – Present, Command Chief, 352d Special Operations Wing, RAF Mildenhall, UK
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Bronze Star Medal with Oak Leaf Cluster
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with Oak Leaf Cluster
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Medal with one silver/one bronze Oak Leaf Cluster
Joint Service Commendation Medal with Valor with one silver Oak Leaf Cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Combat Action Medal
Presidential Unit Citation
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award for Valor with Oak Leaf Cluster
Combat Readiness Medal with three Oak Leaf Clusters
1998 Pararescue Indoctrination Course Honor Graduate
2000 Senior Airman Below-the-Zone
2001 USAF Mackay Trophy Recipient
2001 AFSOC Pararescueman Airman of the Year
2001 USAF Pararescueman Airman of the Year
2002 ALS Leadership Award
2002 ALS Distinguished Graduate
2009 Pope Army Air Field NCO of the Year
2010 NCOA Academic Excellence Award
2010 NCOA Distinguished Graduate
2015 SNCOA Distinguished Graduate
2015 AFSOC Pararescueman SNCO of the Year
2017 Joint Special Operations Senior Enlisted Academy Honor Graduate
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic, 19 August 1998
Airman First Class, 3 October 1998
Senior Airman, 19 August 2000
Staff Sergeant, 1 December 2002
Technical Sergeant, 1 April 2008
Master Sergeant, 1 May 2012
Senior Master Sergeant, 1 March 2015
Chief Master Sergeant, 1 December 2017
(Current as of July 2020)