CMSgt Donald W. Gransee serves as the Superintendent, 752d Special Operations Group, Royal Air Force Mildenhall, United Kingdom. He provides leadership and guidance to more than 460 enlisted Airmen and is the advisor to the commander on issues affecting the unit’s health, welfare, morale, training, development and utilization. He ensures his Airmen are prepared to support global special operations tasking anytime, anyplace. As the air component for United States European Command and Special Operations Command-Europe, the 752d Special Operations Group employs 9 CV-22 tilt- rotor aircraft and 8 MC-130J aircraft to conduct infiltration, exfiltration, and resupply of Special Operations Forces in denied territory under adverse weather and night conditions. The Group also utilizes special operations Battlefield Airmen to conduct rescue, recovery, terminal control and assault zone operations.
Chief Gransee enlisted in the Air Force in July of 1995. He is a chief enlisted aircrew member with more than 6,700 flying hours as instructor and evaluator loadmaster in the C-130E/H, AC-130U and various other aircraft. Throughout his career, he has filled numerous roles including loadmaster superintendent, operations superintendent, squadron superintendent and functional manager. His assignments include bases in Arkansas, Florida, North Carolina, Texas and other locations. Chief Gransee has taken part in various humanitarian operations and has deployed multiple times in support of contingency and combat operations in Africa, Central and South America, Southwest Asia and the Pacific regions.
2001 Airman Leadership School, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2008 Associates in Applied Science Degree, Aviation Operations, Community College of the Air Force
2008 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, by correspondence
2016 Joint Special Operations Forces Senior Enlisted Academy (JSOFSEA), MacDill AFB, Fla.
2019 Chief Leadership Course, Gunter Air Force Base, AL
1. November 1995 – March 1999, C-130E Instructor Loadmaster, 61st Airlift Squadron, Little Rock Air Force Base (AFB), Ark.
2. March 1999 – March 2004, Flight Examiner Loadmaster, 4th Special Operations Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
3. April 2004 – August 2008, Flight Examiner Loadmaster, Data Masked
4. August 2008 – August 2013, Operations Superintendent, Data Masked
5. August 2013 – May 2017, Squadron Superintendent, Data Masked
6. May 2017 – July 2018, 1A2/1A1 Functional Manager, Air Force Personnel Center (AFPC), Randolph AFB, Texas
7. July 2018 – September 2019, Squadron Superintendent, 352d Special Operations Support Squadron, Royal Air Force Mildenhall, United Kingdom
8. September 2019 – Present, Superintendent, 752d Special Operations Group, Royal Air Force Mildenhall, United Kingdom
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Medal with one silver oak leaf cluster
Aerial Achievement Medal with one silver and two oak leaf clusters Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal Joint Meritorious Unit Award Gallant Unit Citation
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with three oak leaf clusters, with “V” device
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant September 1, 2018 (Current as of September 2019)